Re: PING Source Code

Trygve Gudmundsen (trygu@bryggen.bgnett.no)
5 Mar 1997 16:24:22 GMT

On Wed, 5 Mar 1997 10:10:11 -0500 (EST), Mike McCann <mike@smtpgate.co.erie.ny.us> wrote:
>Could someone tell me where I can find the 'C' source code for a Linux
>compatible PING command. Thank-you.

Ah.. wonderful question. Be sure to get a PING source that is not broken as
all the normal pings for Linux are. Some souphead have removed the
possibility of using -R in ALL ping-versions released with all Linux
distributions I have seen.

I used Eric Wassenaar's PING which has proven to be very good. I needed to
do some changes in it in order to make it work under Linux, but
I'll be happy to share the source-code with you.
(ftp://tatsuya.hipdrome.org/pub/ping/) <- this site will be down from
Thursday 6th to Monday 10th .)

Now, if you would like the ORIGINAL source, it is available at
ftp://ftp.nikhef.nl/pub/network/ unfortunatly this source will not compile
out of the box.