RE: Serious problem?

Russell Berry (berrex@albany.net)
Wed, 05 Mar 1997 10:32:13 -0500 (EST)

On 05-Mar-97 inaninck@koha.koha.nl wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>Here a problem (is it a problem?) for the real kernelGuru's amongst you:
>
>Viewing the logfile my backupsoftware created I found:
>
>---Begin included file---
>
>970304 00:12:07|268|0|[E072] "./proc/2/exe": error reading symbolic link:

Simple, don't try to add /proc to your backups. period. It is not data that
will ever be used again on restore, it isn't even really data on your disk, it
is a memory area the kernel uses to give you access to internal information.
I'm suprised your machine didn't lock up completely when you got to /proc/kmem.
:)

---russ

E-Mail: Russell Berry <berrex@albany.net>
Date: 05-Mar-97