Re: Cannot build linux kernel with binutils-2.7.0.9

Firebeard (stend@sten.org)
04 Mar 1997 11:27:31 -0600

MK> Firebeard wrote:
>> The version of binutils on tsx-11 is 2.7.0.9, not 2.7.0.3 as
>> specified in the 2.0.29 and 2.1.26 Documentation/Changes, and
>> between 3 and 9 the -k|--raw option was removed from objdump, and
>> this option is used in `make zlilo`. Fortunately, I build packages
>> like this in /opt/depot/packagename, so all I had to do was unlink
>> objdump from /usr/local and all is well, but the problem should be
>> addressed in the near future.

MK> Did you follow the instructions in release.binutils-2.7.0.9 ? I
MK> think not. The kernel *will* build if you remove /usr/bin/encaps.

Was release.binutile-2.7.0.9 in binutils-2.7.0.9.tar.gz?
Given the hoops I have to jump through to get packages, I look for
instructions on installing packages within the package tar file, not
outside of them. I was reporting a perceived problem. Flamage was
not necessary.

--
#include <disclaimer.h>                               /* Sten Drescher */
Unsolicited bulk email will be stored and handled for a US$500/KB fee.