Re: 2.0.x ISS...

Chris Evans (chris@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 13:42:40 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, David S. Miller wrote:

> Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 12:30:41 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Matthew Kirkwood <weejock@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk>
>
> Will this release include other 2.0.29 fixes discussed recently,
> such as the LDT problem that Wine exposed?
>
> This was originally intended just to be a server performance release,
> I'd like it not to turn into "my favorite patch please!" I have no

!

It's not my "favourite patch", but rather a fix to a kernel bug that left
a trail of OOPS's in my log, from a userspace non-root program.

As 2.0.29 was released a while ago, no doubt other little bugfixes have
been accumulating, and I hope to see these all present in a "super-stable"
2.0.30 :-)

Chris.