Re: [masq] 1st virus in Linux :( (fwd)

Ray Auchterlounie (rda@kythera.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 16:43:38 GMT

david parsons <o.r.c@p.e.l.l.c.h.i.i.l.u.s> wrote:
[...]
> I'm not a spokesman for McAfee, just the person who ported Virus Scan
> to Linux, but I didn't read the press release like that at all. (The
> release even mentions that McAfee produces antiviral products for a
> large wad of operating systems, including Linux.) All it says is that
> this particular virus doesn't run on other platforms, and it certainly

That's not what the (claimed) author's post said - it said that most
testing had been on Linux but that it was portable to at least SunOS
and BSD.

Others have already posted claiming to have tested it on FreeBSD.

Perhaps you could get McAfee to issue an amendment.

ray

--
Ray Auchterlounie                     <rda@kythera.demon.co.uk>
         "Forty Two! Is that all you've got to show for