Re: Writing to CDR drive...

Tom Zerucha (root@deimos.ceddec.com)
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 19:14:02 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 22 Jan 1997, Olaf Kaluza wrote:

> > One last question.. What's the best way to duplicate a 9660 disk? I've
> > tried:
> >
> > dd if=/dev/scd0 of=/dev/hdb1 # hdb1 is my staging partition
> > cdwrite --device /dev/sgda /dev/hdb1
> >
> > Will this work?? (If not, what will?)
>
> If there is only _one_ session on your masterdisk, try this:
>
> --------------------------------
> [root] ~: more burnhot
> #! /bin/sh -
>
> CDROM="/dev/scd0"
>
> size=$(isosize $CDROM)
>
> if (test $size = 2162688) then
> echo Keine Master-CD im Laufwerk!
> exit
> fi
>
> echo "CD-Groesse:" $size Bytes
>
> cat $CDROM | buffer -p 75 -m 10M | cdwrite -v -b $size -s 2 - &
> renice -20 buffer
> renice -20 cdwrite
> -----------------------------
>
> The writer is a HP4020i (CD2000) and the cdrom is a Toshiba 3601
> quadspeed.

I have the identical setup. I just use
"cdwrite -v /dev/scd0"
and it works for me (with an adaptec 1542 and a reasonably fast processor,
both CDroms are on the same scsi bus).

Generally, if your SCSI bus is clean, it will write clean. I knew someone
who kept trying to load his system to the point that console switches were
taking several seconds, but the CD wrote properly.

tz@execpc.com
finger tz@execpc.com for PGP key