Re: Lib audio

Harald Milz (hm@seneca.muc.de)
Sun, 9 Feb 1997 10:38:00 +0100

Markus Gutschke (gutschk@uni-muenster.de) wrote:
> "Rene Zikken" <zikkenr@ce.philips.nl> writes:
> > Can someone tell me were I can find the following library (or mail
> > it): libaudio.so.2
> >
> > I need it in order to run a MHEG Engine.
>
> "libaudio.a" is part of the NAS (network audio system) packet, but it
> does not build a shared library by default. I do not know, if it is
> difficult to tweak the code, so that it does build both shared and
> static libraries.

You don't need to tweak the code but the Makefile with -fpic, -shared and
everything. See elf.ps which is in the package/GCC directory on tsx-11 and
its mirrors.

--
Harald Milz -------------- PGP Public Key: finger hm@muc.de (Key ID 7ADC4839)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."