Re: netperf, was Re: too much untested code in new kernels

David S. Miller (davem@jenolan.rutgers.edu)
Fri, 3 Jan 1997 19:16:55 -0500

From: "Kimon Berlin" <kimon_berlin@hpgnd.grenoble.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 14:37:36 +0100

you may want to add these results to the netperf database. There is
very little fast ethernet data available yet, that would be quite
helpful. If you did not use netperf to measure bandwith, may I ask
how you proceeded?

I use lmbench's lat_tcp and bw_tcp benchmarks exclusively to acquire
numbers I post publicly. This is mostly due to the fact that I have
studied them at great length and have becomed convinced as to their
accuracy. Could you show me where I can acquire netperf sources?