Re: Bugs and wishes in memory management area

Gregory Youngblood (zeta@calvin.tcscs.com)
Sat, 23 Nov 1996 12:11:54 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 23 Nov 1996, Gerard Roudier wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Nov 1996, Alan Cox wrote:
>
> > > Asking Linus to add such things in the kernel is as pertinent as asking
> > > to still support 80286 CPU (IMHO).
> >
> > We are working on it
>
> Even if that has nothing to do with money, it is a kind of "marketing
> strategy" and I am not very pertinent about such things.

I think it would be kind of nice to get 286 support.. finally put to use
some of those old 286's laying around. :) It would be nice to use them as
a router, bridge, nameserver.. that kind of thing. :)

Greg