Re: Problem with 2.0.24 SCSI change

Thomas Bjork (tb@image.dk)
Thu, 31 Oct 1996 08:31:44 +0100 (GMT+0100)

Hey,

On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Mike Kilburn wrote:

> We have a similar type problem with multiple ethernet cards. It seems
> to me what makes the most sense is to be able relate the slot to
> the kernel device in a predictable way. Is this possible with PCI?
> When I enable auto detect for 4 ethernet cards I want to look at
> the back of the machine and know which is eth0,eth1,eth2,eth3.

We also have the problem with Apatec 3940 cards, which is 2
SCSI-controllers on PCI card. Channel A & Channel B gets switched when
Linux is taking over. So you will normally be booting on A disk which
ends ud as /dev/sdd or something like that. So we only use the first
channel...

Thomas Bjoerk
Denmark

(Running Linux on 4 * PPro200, with 128MB each, great!)