Re: [linux-security] Re: kernel bug -> security problem

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 08:20:13 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 29 Oct 1996, Massimiliano Liccardo wrote:

> > http://www.uk.linux.org/NetNews.html
> >
> I downloaded the big-ping-patch but I can't install it with Linux 2.0.23 !!!
> This is my report:
> 5 out of 5 hunks failed--saving rejects to linux/net/ipv4/ip_fragment.c.rej
> done

It applies to 2.0.23...just not very well. I suspect Alan's kernel source
isn't quite the same as the released kernel source. You need to examine
the .rej files and apply the failed patches by hand. It's pretty easy to
do.

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/hr.
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______