Re: CORE dumps...

Derrik Pates (dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu)
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 10:59:06 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, DPD wrote:

> Hello there!
>
> Can some one help find out more about the "core" files I have on my
> system......
>
> I would appreciate some pointers as to where I can read more about
> where they come from, how they are created, etc...

The "core" files are dumped program cores, i.e. they contain complete
status and memory info from a running program which crashed. It is
intended for debugging purposes. I believe it can be loaded with the GNU
debugger, but I haven't messed with that yet.

Derrik Pates
dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu

"What'll you two lovable plush toys have?"
"How 'bout a root beer popsicle and an Orange Julius? What about you,
Max?"
"Dishwater! And put it in a dirty glass!"
-Sam & Max
"Fair Wind to Java"