Re: 3c59x + multicast?

Donald Becker (becker@cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov)
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 15:21:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Oct 1996, Jared Mauch wrote:

> From the list in drivers/net/README.multicast
>
> I do not see the 3c59x series of cards listed as supporting
> multicast.. perhaps that is why I can't see my mbone router on my
> ethernet.. Any ideas? Does it support it? Thanks.

They can receive multicast frames, but have no multicast filter. So you'll
be processing (looking at the address and then discarding) every multicast
frame that is on the wire.

Donald Becker becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
Code 930.5, Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD. 20771
301-286-0882 http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/people/becker/whoiam.html