Re: Offtopic - anybody have a .procmailrc seup?

Wed, 23 Oct 1996 17:55:38 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 23 Oct 1996, ADAM Sulmicki wrote:

> ->Sorry for the off-topic post. I am trying to get procmail setup so my main
> ->mailbox doesn't get flooded with kernel related posts. Unfortunatly,
> ->although I can get mail I send to myself filtered to different mailboxes
> ->based on the subject line, I can't seem to get the linux-kernel mailing
> ->list stuff to get sent to the right mailbox. The following doesn't work.
>

> try something like that:
>
> #Linux related Mailing Lists
> :0
> * ^FROM.*@vger.rutgers.edu
> linux-kernel
>
> it works quite well, especially that other linux related mailing lists are
> quite low in volume.
>
> -Adam

Sorting on the return path works better, as it has the list name in too
ie:

:0:
* ^Return-Path:.owner-linux-kernel-outgoing@vger.rutgers.edu
incoming/linux-kernel

Oh, and you may want to add that second ":" to your recipes, it make
procmail lock with, in this case, incoming/linux-kernel.lock. Ie other
lists/personal mail will be delivered without waiting for this instance of
procmail finnishing (you can specify the lock file if you want ;).

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :( and I don't care ;)      |            initiated.