Re: a public complaint against WorkGroup Solutions Inc.

Jared Mauch (jared@wolverine.hq.cic.net)
Sat, 19 Oct 1996 16:01:25 -0400 (EDT)

For those of you that use sendmail, i highly recommend
making a little change to your sendmail.cf file as noted here:

http://www.informatik.uni-kiel.de/%7Eca/email/english.html#SM-REFUSE

This will allow you to refuse mail from domains you don't
want to see.

Here's the sendmail.ban file from my system:

best.com
moneyworld.com
mail.californiakid.com
bulk-e-mail.com
irisphone.com

These are people that have spammed me to no end.

You can customize the message that gets bounced back to
the sender of the message.

*everyone* should have moneyworld.com in their ban file,
trust me. :-)

FYI, if you ever get spams from CICNet Customers, please let
us know at abuse@cic.net if they don't stop. We can turn them off, and
I'd be happy to rid the internet of these spammers.

- jared

David S. Miller graced my mailbox with this long sought knowledge: