Re: msdos fs bug? (comma in filename)

Fri, 18 Oct 1996 23:33:41 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 18 Oct 1996, Gordon Chaffee wrote:
> In article <Pine.LNX.3.95.961018002109.846A-100000@gytha.demon.co.uk>,
> Bryn Paul Arnold Jones <bpaj@gytha.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> >Don't you just love MS, vfat is a posix.1 complient fs (I think posix.1),
> >but Win95 can't handle all the chars you can stuff in the file names. ie
> >vfat is posix compliant, but Win95's filesystem code isn't.
>
> Could you point me to a reference that claims vfat is supposed to
> be posix compliant? I've never seen that claim in Microsoft documentation,
> and I looked for it. On the contrary, I saw something that said the
> lack of hard links makes it incompatible with posix.1. NTFS is posix
> compliant, however.
>
> Gordon Chaffee
> chaffee@plateau.cs.berkeley.edu

Hmm, not really. I hurd it on linux-kernel ;). If you look on the
archives you may be able to find it, but it could have been any time from
months ago to when win95 was released, or before ...

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :( and I don't care ;)      |            initiated.