Re: Stopping SYN floods.

Zach Brown (zab@grumblesmurf.net)
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 20:35:02 -0700 (PDT)

you can get it off of..

http://www.uk.linux.org/NetNews.html

its Alan's adaptation of Vern Schryver's algorithm for dropping
connections along with a bigger queue. its not the 'cookie' method with
synacks/rsts. as far as I know Eric is still grinding those through
whatever he grinds things through and hasn't released them publicly yet :)

-- zach

On Thu, 17 Oct 1996, Rob Glover wrote:

> There is already a kernel patch that protects against SYN floods. (I would
> like to know where to get it though :)
>
> -Rob
>
> On Thu, 17 Oct 1996, Chris Thornhill wrote:
>
> > Hello,

[dropping oldest of infant conn queue described]