Re: mke2fs > 2G?

Kevin M Bealer (kmb203@psu.edu)
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 22:39:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 16 Oct 1996, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:

> From: Jared Mauch <jared@wolverine.hq.cic.net>
> Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 07:23:00 -0400 (EDT)
>
> I'm having problems mke2fsing a filesystem larger than 2 gigs, does
> anyone know of any limitations to ext2fs? I thought it was 2 terabytes, but
> I may be wrong..
>
> I've personally used e2fsprogs 1.05 to make a 54bib partition.

That's a lot of bibs. I thought a double chin was a lot, but to
need 54 bibs, it would have to be a FAT partition.

(sorry ;)

--kmb203@psu.edu---------------Debian/GNU--1.1---Linux--2.1.3---
Develop free apps? http://www.jagunet.com/~braddock/fslu/org
THE LESSER-KNOWN PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES #12: LITHP
This otherwise unremarkable language is distinguished by the
absence of an "S" in its character set; users must substitute
"TH". LITHP is said to be useful in protheththing lithtth.