Re: crashme crashes 2.0.20 with guarantee :-(

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Sun, 29 Sep 1996 11:49:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 29 Sep 1996, Alan Cox wrote:

> Has anyone yet done a serious line by line security review of QMail.
> Sendmail 8.7.6 has been through a lot of pretty heavy checking as everyone
> is determined to find bugs in it. I'm not saying sendmail is brilliant just
> to be careful of the comparisons. Its very easy on the internet to judge
> a package by its number of bugs, number of moans seen and forget to
> divide by the userbase..

But when, if ever, will sendmail be improved for transmitting large
numbers of messages? I have a list server box (P90, 64mb) that routinely
sends out 100k+ messages a day, and on heavier days when it tries sending
out a few hundred k, the system bogs down. During one particularly heavy
period, I setup a temporary system (P100, 32mb) running zmailer and it
handled things much better.

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/hr.
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______