Re: Gack, this shouldn't happen under a stable OS I think

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@noris.de)
24 Sep 1996 22:00:55 +0200

In linux.dev.kernel, article <dy8f2e.gp4@bigred.inka.de>,
Olaf Titz <olaf@bigred.inka.de> writes:

> If you really need grep on a ps listing, e.g. to find processes of a
> certain program, the standard way to do this is grepping out the grep:
> ps -aux | grep "httpd" | grep -v grep

ps -aux | grep "[h]ttpd"

works just as well.

--
The question of whether a computer can think is no more interesting
than the question of whether a submarine can swim.