Re: crashme crashes 2.0.20 with guarantee :-(

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@cs.helsinki.fi)
Mon, 16 Sep 1996 12:20:22 +0300 (EET DST)

On Mon, 16 Sep 1996, Boris Tobotras wrote:

> Every short invokation of crashme crashes linux badly. These are two OOPSes I
> was able to catch (others just hang the system totally).

Hmm.. I tried to duplicate this, but it doesn't do anything for me. I have a
newer version of crashme, though (2.4 vs your 2.1), and maybe this is
version-dependent. Could you make your binary available (you might want to
compile it statically to make sure there are no interactions with different
shared libraries and possibly different rand() functions?)

Also, could you try the other NCR driver to see if it makes a difference
(I'm told SMP-linux crashes with the BSD NCR driver)

Linus