Re: NFS as a module / kerneld question

David Flood (dcflood@u.washington.edu)
Tue, 10 Sep 1996 19:13:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 10 Sep 1996, Matthew J Brown wrote:

> The number of them is nothing to do with the number of mounts, but the
> number of async reads that can occur at once. The fact that each one
> adds 1 to the nfs.o use count seems like a bug to me, though.

Ok, that gives me some place to look. If I can figure out how to make
the use count equal the mount count then everything would be fixed
(in my estimation).

As for the questions about me not using nfs too much (and hence the want
to unload it)...This is true. I prefer stuff to be local as much as
possible. But nfs is needed for stuff like /usr/src and /dnload.

dcflood@u.washington.edu