"Other ISA Cards" configuration option

Brett Thomas (quark@darwin.baz.com)
Mon, 9 Sep 1996 09:28:54 -0400

> From: "Andrew E. Mileski" <aem@aem.ott.hookup.net>
> Date: Sun, 8 Sep 1996 16:53:49 -0400 (EDT)
> Subject: Re: NE2000 Module Problem
> P.S. The RTK8029 is a PCI card, but is listed as an "Other ISA Cards"
> during "make config". Perhaps this should be changed, or at least
> documented.

As long as you've mentioned it, I've been thinking for a while that
the "3COM" and "Other ISA Cards" areas don't make much sense from the
standpoint of the "make menuconfig" and "make xconfig" methods. I
understand why they were originally there - but, is it possible to
either remove them or somehow tag them so that the event-driven kernel
configuration methods will ignore them?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I've been off for a long time
since vger didn't want to talk to me...

-Brett Thomas
quark@baz.com

PS: I've been looking at setting up EQL stuff and was wondering if
anyone knew if Simon Janes (simon@ncm.com, AKA guru@ncm.com) is still
online. If anyone knows for sure, or if the EQL code has a new
keeper, I'd appreciate an email (private; no need to deluge the list).
Thanks!