Re: Bogus NetKit-B-0.07B (was Re: wtmp entries)

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@smurf.noris.de)
Mon, 19 Aug 1996 12:08:41 +0100

In linux.dev.kernel, article <199608182248.SAA22429@hcs.harvard.edu>,
David Holland <dholland@hcs.harvard.edu> writes:

> > Out of curiosity, I've just done a diff between the .07A and .07B
> > versions. There are no changes to any of the core source code, it has
> > some changes (improvements, imho) in some of the Makefiles,
> > differences in the binaries, and it has the gnu readline library
> > included.

Not another package with readline included!

It's bad enough that almost every GNU package (or at least those with which
readline would make sense) includes the beast (and most don't even check
whether it's already installed). Same for libiberty, rx/regex, fnmatch,
alloca, getopt, libbfd ...

> This is not what people who are honestly trying to make fixes do.

Right.

--
Men will never establish any equality with which they can be contented.
Whatever efforts a people may make, they will never succeed in reducing