Re: Linux support denial in commercial products?

Dominic Binks (dominic@aethos.co.uk)
Mon, 19 Aug 1996 10:47:41 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 18 Aug 1996 tony@trishul.sci.gu.edu.au wrote:

> Thomas Griffing <tom@dsworks.com> wrote:
>
> > But I am greatly encouraged by companies like Caldera and
> > Red Hat, and others who are doing or getting ports of
> > commercial software to Linux.
>
> Agreed.
>
> > By the way ... Did I really hear that Microsoft is going
> > to port Explorer to Linux?
>
> HAR-harharhar!!!
>
> Geez, I needed a good larf about now too!! :-(*)

You may be laughing louder and longer. I read that MS intend to
release Unix Internet explorers next year! I'm going to be interested
to see how late they are, and in addition, how buggy they are.
Windows -> X programming is not that simple a transformation; cf
Wordperfect for Unix 5.1.

> Cheers
> Tony (who wonders how such rumours are started:)

MS?

Dominic Binks dominic@aethos.co.uk
Aethos Communication Systems Ltd. | 220 Park Avenue | Bristol | BS8 1SB
Telephone: +44 1454 614455 Fax: +44 1454 620527
"Meditation, 2. _spec_ (in religious use): That kind of private devotional
exercise which consists in the continuous application of the mind to the
contemplation of some truth, mystery or object of reverence, in order that
the soul may increase in love of God and holiness of life." OED