Re: SB16 Sound driver problem

Philippe Strauss (philippe.strauss@urbanet.ch)
Sat, 20 Jul 1996 16:19:14 +0200

Hannu Savolainen wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Jul 1996, Philippe Strauss wrote:
>
> > But, by simply using the SB enough in a home-made apps which draw
> > real-time spectrum under X, my linux box end by freezing hard. This apps
> > use DMA memory mapping in input of the sound buffer for fast and fluid
>
> My opinion is that the crash is not caused by software at all.

Perfectly right, it was my f#*!?ing CPU fan which was out of order!

Conclusion: when you have some weird hang without any oops or anything
in syslog, when your box just freeze silently, check the temperature of
your CPU ;-)

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help, sorry about having wasted your time.

Philippe.

--
Philippe Strauss, CH-1092 Belmont
Private Email:	philippe.strauss@urbanet.ch

" Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT's relativity. " Albert Einstein.