Re: magic file entry to understand core dumps

Alan Shutko (ats@shep1.wustl.edu)
Thu, 18 Jul 1996 17:23:34 -0500

JM> core: ELF 32-bit LSB core file i386 (386 and up) Version 1

He wanted an addition to the magic file to show the program which
dumped core, as the a.out entry does. However, a quick check shows
that it isn't a simple offset... anyone have better knowledge of the
format?

--
Alan Shutko <ats@hubert.wustl.edu> - The Few, the Proud, the Remaining.
DM Advice:  Maps on the table have a tendency to attract soda.