Re: Alternate solutions (Was: Re: NFS still has caching problem)

Shinanyaku (shin@binary9.net)
Wed, 17 Jul 1996 22:40:56 -0400 (EDT)

Craig Brozefsky was heard saying ....

> On Sun, 14 Jul 1996, Alan Cox wrote:
>
> > The world is waiting for a decent networked file system with
> >
> > o Security
> > o Replication support
> > o Fast bulk transfer
> > o Low latency
>
> > I don't see any reason why the Linux community shouldnt write it.
>
> Do we want to write a whole new filesystem from scratch or just take care

If the community is going to take on a project like this, it should be
written from scratch. Why force ourselves to inheret certain
limitations because we've just extended an existing fs. Doing if from
scratch, you can be certain it behaves precisely in the fashion you
wish it to.

> Craig Brozefsky cosmo@ebs.net

Shin!