Re: Not a bible thumper. . .

Thu, 18 Jul 1996 11:58:19 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 17 Jul 1996, Systemkennung Linux wrote:
> ["fuck"-ing sources deleted]
>
> I you have ever spent some night tracking bugs you'd know that the skill
> that all programmers share is swearing. These sources are just like live
> and I don't intend to waste a second just to make 'em political correct.
>
> Ralf (Whose best comments luckily never got published ...)

I don't have problems with swearing in the source, but anything that gets
out of the sources, and into the binaries (as a printk() does) should be
changed (in this case 'printk("ufs_read_super: fucking Sun blows me\n");',
every time you attempt to mount your problematic partition).

I really don't care if the sentiments are still there, and I don't care if
the exact words are, just as long as they don't get to the binnary (ie
there is a '/* fucking Sun blows me */', and 'printk("ufs_read_super: Sun
messed it up _AGAIN_\n");', that way, programmers see it, but joe adverage
sysadmin dosn't have to worry about posably braking the law (well in the
US anyway) ....
Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :(                          |            initiated.