Re: 2.0.1 hangs during boot

Klaus Lichtenwalder (klaus@gaston.m.isar.de)
Sat, 6 Jul 1996 18:02:26 +0100 (WET DST)

On Fri, 5 Jul 1996, Bruce Thompson wrote:

> Hi Klaus,
> Good point! I've always worked via ttyS?, except when dialing out of
> course. That did the trick, 2.0.1 came up like a champ! Thanks for the
> pointer!

Bruce,
glad to hear that your system now comes up without problems.

Just to repeat, I know that we are supposed to not need cuX any longer.
I don't need 'em for controlling my modems. Still there remain some
cases when you need them (mostly strictly local cases).
So, while many people sent me excerpts from Tso's mail or texts from the
Linux-source tree, maybe we should investigate in some bug or
uninitialized variables for why cuX is still needed sometimes?

Klaus
Klaus Lichtenwalder, Dipl. Inform., PGP Key: email to key@Four11.com
Lichtenwalder@ACM.org, http://www.wp.com/Klaus, fax: +49-89-98292755
Check out Oregon vs. Schwartz: http://www.lightlink.com/spacenka/fors