Re: possible SCSI device numbering solution

Graham Mitchell (gmitch@woodlea.wintermute.co.uk)
Tue, 2 Jul 1996 04:51:53 +0000

On 30 Jun 96 at 13:27, Kai Henningsen wrote:

> Probably together with computers that have RAM in the gigabyte region, and
> processors with gigahertz speed.

Dont joke.....:)) I know someone who is running an Olivetti machine
with 4 Pentiums (Pentia??), and 512Mb of main memory..... He also has
90Gb of disk space in the box now, but thats just a RAID array (he
just upgraded..... *sigh*). He's using this monster to run NTAS,
SQLserver, and all the NTBack office stuff and IIS as well..... It's
SOME box.... tho he's always a bit cadgey as to how much it costs,
and he wasnt too pleased when I asked him if it ran DOS.....:))

> And half of your RAM will be eaten up by X11R17, and the other half by
> Netscape "Diamond" 20.
>
> You know, this is *really* frightening.

You're telling me..... Dont we live in interesting times.....?:))

Graham
The world isnt run by weapons any more, or energy or money
Its run by little 1s and 0s, little bits of data
Its all just electrons