Re: /proc/thanks (Was: Boot messages)

Aleph One (aleph1@dfw.net)
Tue, 2 Jul 1996 01:46:28 -0500 (CDT)

On 1 Jul 1996, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> OK, in the spirit of /proc/animal (or whatever, the thing that spits
> something like "18-wheeler flattened swamp rat on nerve gas" depending on
> the kernel version) we need /proc/thanks, or a replacement for fortune that
> spews credit for one random Linux contributor. Why not?

This is one of the most intelligent suggestions I seen on this list in a
long time. This will clean up the boot messages while allowing all linux
developers to be given credit if their code runs on your system (I guess
if you go the /proc way then CONFIG_PROC will be mandatory ;)

> --
> Jason L. Tibbitts III - tibbs@uh.edu - 713/743-8684 - 221SR1
> System Manager: University of Houston High Performance Computing Center
> 1994 PC800 "Kuroneko" DoD# 1723

Aleph One / aleph1@dfw.net
http://underground.org/
KeyID 1024/948FD6B5
Fingerprint EE C9 E8 AA CB AF 09 61 8C 39 EA 47 A8 6A B8 01