Re: Boot messages (Was: Re: Ideas for v2.1)

Todd Graham Lewis (tlewis@mindspring.com)
Fri, 28 Jun 1996 23:49:03 -0400

On Fri, 28 Jun 1996, Michael De La Rue wrote:

> Whilst this is being discussed I'd like to put another push in for
> something to be done about getting more friendly messages for people
> using braille terminals / speech synthesisers as the console.

<SOAPBOX>
I'd like to second this suggestion. If anyone is looking for a project
to work on (I know, I know, I'm swamped too), then I would highly suggest
reading the Access Howto from the Linux Documentation Project. This sort
of thing might not be another salvo to destroy NT, but it is IMO a very
worthwhile thing on which to work. Let the greater OS wars work
themselves out, but if Linux can help the blind et alia access computers
more easily, then this is a "Good Thing (tm)".
</SOAPBOX>

Todd Graham Lewis Core Engineering Mindspring Enterprises
tlewis@mindspring.com (Standard Disclaimers) (800) 719 4664, x2804