Re: Boot messages (Was: Re: Ideas for v2.1) (fwd)

Mon, 24 Jun 1996 17:42:40 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 23 Jun 1996, Jeff Johnson wrote:
[...]
> > + }
> > + pengon = 0;
> > + }
> > +
> > +
> >

> I get parser errors compiling... oh well....
>
> Jeff Johnson

Me too, but the only problem is that the last "}" is missing in
drivers/char/console.c, it's in the patch (up there, just below the
"pengon = 0;"), but it's discarded by patch :(. Did you add it after
making the patch or something (John) ?

Well the only thing I can say about it, is it doesn't last long enough,
any chance of making it stay up until a write in /proc/peng or something
(/proc/peng could be unregistered after it's been written to), you could
then have it up until the end of the start up, and something like 'echo
bye >/proc/peng' in rc.local.
Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :(                          |            initiated.