Re: your mail

Thu, 20 Jun 1996 00:53:01 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 18 Jun 1996, Russell Berry wrote:

> Quick question here, after making bzImage for another machine, I try to
> load the kernel with loadlin off of a dos partition, and it complains
> about not enough low memory and dies. Now I'm thinking that my version of
> loadlin just doesn't know how to deal with big kernels. Is this the case?

Yes

> Is there a new version that does?

Yes

> Where is it?
>

>From linux/Documentation/initrd.txt:
A preliminary version of LOADLIN 1.6 is available on
ftp://elserv.ffm.fgan.de/pub/linux/loadlin-1.6/loadlin-1.6-pre8-bin.tgz

A preliminary version of LILO 18 is available on
ftp://lrcftp.epfl.ch/pub/people/almesber/lilo/lilo.18dev3.tar.gz

> thanx...
>
> ---russ

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :(                          |            initiated.