Re: Boot messages (Was: Re: Ideas for v2.1)

The SethMeister (consp05@binghamton.edu)
Tue, 18 Jun 1996 19:42:33 -0400

>I thought about something like that, but either the rotation or
>animation code would have to be in the kernel or it wouldn't be able
>to do anything until the kernel starts init. I don't like the idea
>of a lot of special purpose graphics code in the kernel.

How bout this (thisis prob. a bad idea, but so what, let's hear YOU
contribute one ;)) - Figure out the procedure that is called the MOST during
bootup and add a little function to it, like
cycle_bootup_line_at_bottom_of_screen(), then, when the kernel is done
booting, nullify this procedure call in that function :)

eg:
JMP $2
$2:
cycle...screen()