ps -t seg faults under 1.3.97

shaggenbunsenburner (shagboy@thecia.net)
Fri, 3 May 1996 18:05:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 2 May 1996, Joel Maslak wrote:

> On Thu, 2 May 1996, shaggenbunsenburner wrote:
>
> > i'm not 100% sure it's not a bad SIMM, i got new ones about a week ago,
> > but i haven't seen any other problems that could be explained that way,
> > so i'll test some more.
>
> I don't think I have memory problems (up times of 60 days with current
> memory), but I have the ps -t segmentation fault.
>
> procps 0.99a
> Linux 1.3.97
> libc 5.3.12

cool... this is the same setup i have, so it sounds like a definite bug.
and also sounds like i don't have to worry about my memory too much! :)

i'm cc'ing this to linux-kernel... any ideas, folks? i know the output
of "ps" WRT tty's changed sometime around 1.3.85; since then it's shown
virtual consoles as "1" or "10" rather than "v01" or "v10".

is there any other setup info anyone needs?

> The University of California at Berkeley has invented TWO things:
> 1. LSD
> 2. Unix
> Coincidence? I think not.

bahahahahahaha...... whoever said we computer geeks have no senses of
humor was just plain WRONG :)

shag

Judd Bourgeois | When we are planning for posterity,
shagboy@thecia.net | we ought to remember that virtue is
Finger for PGP key | not hereditary. Thomas Paine