Re: 1.3.88 and stability: Adaptec 2940

d-seaman@ukans.edu
Mon, 15 Apr 1996 17:11:37 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 15 Apr 1996, Laszlo Vecsey wrote:

> I'm still having occasional SCSI lockups due to the Adaptec 2940. I've
> been trying with and without the aic7xxx=no_reset lilo commandline. I've
> checked my SCSI termination and so forth. A handful of people have
> complained about this card/problem, so my question is -- Does anyone out
> there have a stable Linux system using this card?

Ever since I switched to the developer kernels, my system has been rock
solid using the 2940 drivers. I have 3 HDs, 1 DAT, and 1 CD-rom. I run
nightly backups and haven't had a hang in many many months. Using 1.2.13
was terrible! Constant hangs, crashes, etc. The driver has come a long way!

Derek

| Derek L. Seaman | P90/Wide SCSI II| Open |
| University of Kansas |32MB Ram/3.5GB HD|Windoze let|
| Mechanical Engineering | 4mm 8GB DAT | bugs in. |
| 1997 Formula SAE Car |17" Nanao F2-17EX| RedHat |
| d-seaman@ukans.edu |HP LJ 5MP/SB AWE | *LINUX* |