Re: time problems in 1.3.77

Ulrich Windl (Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de)
Wed, 3 Apr 1996 08:53:44 +0100

On 2 Apr 96 at 19:19, Stephen wrote:

> Well one solution that comes to mind to your problem would be to get
> a program called stime or something like that... Its an application( I
> think I still have the source code around) while will check another sites
> time and set your time to match it..... Then you could just have the
> program run as a crontab for however often you wish.

Thank you for your offer, but my machine at home has no networking at
all. I have a radio clock receiver that works. But the problem I have
mentioned is a bit difficult if your CMOS clock runs localtime
instead of UTC. UTC never changes during DST; therefore the kernel
thought the RTC does not have to be corrected. If it would have tried
to correct the RTC, it would have added the (hopefully) right offset.
That was on problem.

> Stephen
> aka
> Terrock - The Wanderer