Re: time problems in 1.3.77

Matthias Urlichs (smurf@smurf.noris.de)
Tue, 2 Apr 1996 14:44:47 +0100

In linux.dev.kernel, article <199604011419.PAA02165@woodlea.wintermute.=
co.uk>,
"Graham Mitchell" <gmitch@woodlea.wintermute.co.uk> writes:
>=20
> of the UCT one. In desperation I copied off the original UCT one and=20
> renamed the GB to UCT. I'm going to be replacing all my zoneinfo from=
=20

strace date

... /usr/lib/zoneinfo/localtime ...

thus:
# cd /usr/lib/zoneinfo
# ln -sf GB localtime

... or something like that.

> the sources in a month or so, which is why i did it the brutal way.=20
> Of cousre I also have a clock -ur in in rc scripts to read the CMOS=20
> clock (which is running always on GMT).
>=20
As it should.
>=20
> Ask not what you can do for your country,
> but what your government is doing to you
>=20
Too true...

--=20
Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing.
-- Robert Benchley
--=20
Matthias Urlichs \ XLink-POP N=FCrnberg | EMail: urlichs@smurf.=
noris.de
Schleiermacherstra=DFe 12 \ Unix+Linux+Mac | Phone: ...please use =
email.
90491 N=FCrnberg (Germany) \ Consulting+Networking+Programming+etc'i=
ng 42
PGP: 1B 89 E2 1C 43 EA 80 44 15 D2 29 CF C6 C7 E0 DE=20
Click <A HREF=3D"http://smurf.noris.de/~smurf/finger">here</A>.