Re: time problems in 1.3.77

Graham Mitchell (gmitch@woodlea.wintermute.co.uk)
Mon, 1 Apr 1996 15:16:32 +0000

On 1 Apr 96 at 11:29, Bryn Paul Arnold Jones wrote:

<snip>

> Did you do a clock -w to write the system time (in Linux), to the CMOS
> clock ?

Time changed here in the UK too this weekend...... The problem I had
was trying to persuade the system to use the GB zoneinfo file instead
of the UCT one. In desperation I copied off the original UCT one and
renamed the GB to UCT. I'm going to be replacing all my zoneinfo from
the sources in a month or so, which is why i did it the brutal way.
Of cousre I also have a clock -ur in in rc scripts to read the CMOS
clock (which is running always on GMT).

Graham

Ask not what you can do for your country,
but what your government is doing to you