Re: Lack of message volume

Kevin M Bealer (kmb203@psu.edu)
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 01:58:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, Shinanyaku wrote:

> Folks -
>
> I'm sorry to bother ya'll with this off-topic question, but I was
> wondering if anyone else has noticed a *MASSIVE* drop in the number of
> messages coming from both these lists?
>
> I've dropped (in the past 4 days) from around 90-100 msgs per day to 9
> or 10.
>
> I administer the mailbox that I'm on and there is nothing in my logs
> to suggest I'm bouncing the mail or any somesuch. My IP accounting
> shows a drop in the raw number of packets, suggesting that I'm simply
> not getting them.
>
> So, am I alone in this or what?
>
> N!

Hmmm.... I checked my mail today and the number of messages went from 750 to
1000... I'm getting 100-300 messages a day, most of them I get at least two
copies with identical sizes and I last I checked identical Message-ID's..

> Nicholas J. Leon (pgp/finger) nicholas@binary9.net
> Shinanyaku on Kali:Central descent2/warcraft2
> Technical Development, Wachovia Bank real job!

__kmb203@psu.edu_____________________________Debian/GNU__Linux__1.3.77___
Two men looked out through prison bars; One saw mud, the other stars.