Re: 1.3.88 and stability: Adaptec 2940

Jacques Gelinas (jack@solucorp.qc.ca)
Mon, 15 Apr 1996 15:28:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 15 Apr 1996, Laszlo Vecsey wrote:

> complained about this card/problem, so my question is -- Does anyone out
> there have a stable Linux system using this card?

We are running 1.3.84 without any problem. This is on a server with
always 4-6 programmers doing C++ development (compiling,debuging,linking).

I would not say the disk is working very hard, but still

$ uptime
3:26pm up 4 days, 1:44, 1 user, load average: 11.83, 11.03, 9.76

$ cat /proc/interrupt | grep aic
10: 882962 + aic7xxx

The disk is a baracuda wide and the controller is a 2940uw. This is on a
Pentium 133 with 128M ram.

Before, we have run 1.3.62 for a long time without problem.
Jacques Gelinas (jacques@solucorp.qc.ca)
Use Linux without reformating: Use UMSDOS.