Re: firewall, reject: icmp vs. tcp

Rogier Wolff (r.e.wolff@et.tudelft.nl)
Thu, 11 Apr 1996 17:47:05 +0200

Jos Vos wrote:

> We should ask ourselves how many percent of the TCP/IP systems in the
> world recognizes this code correctly. I understood Windows/NT doesn't
> even recognize the other ICMP messages (who was talking about "older
> systems"? :-)).

I would like a configurable option (in the section "better leave
these alone"?) which switches between the old/reliable codes, and the
officially correct ones.

I for one would chose for the officially correct ones, and would be
laughing about those stupid NT machines that I would case trouble for
this way :-) (they are not allowed to communicate with the host in
question anyway right?)

Roger.

--
 ** Q: What's the difference between MicroSoft Windows and a virus?       **
 ** A: Apart from the fact that virusses are supported by their authors,  **