Re: Linux-1.3.85 - ppp slowdowns gone (?)

Mark E. Levitt (melevitt@mailbox.syr.edu)
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 08:38:03 -0400 (EDT)

On 9 Apr 1996, Ioannis Schoinas wrote:
> It didn't do much for interactive performance (ie, telnet) and slip connections.
> Side by side, there is obvious difference typing 10 characters to a Solaris
> host vs a SunOS 4.1 host. Just typing a pattern like lslslslslslsl as fast as
> you can and with Solaris the terminal blocks after the first two characters.
> In SunOS you hardly feel any delay between the time you type the characters
> and the echo appears on the screen.

Yes. This is the EXACT behavior that I've seen as well... (sorry I
can't be more helpfull...)

Mark E. Levitt
Department of Speech Communication, Syracuse University
E-mail: melevitt@syr.edu
Home Page: http://web.syr.edu/~melevitt

PGP fingerprint = B8 A3 AA A6 0F 83 9A BE F2 7A 19 F9 15 79 FE A4
Public key available from http://web.syr.edu/~melevitt/pgpkey.html