Re: 1.3.83, ps and top report "floating point exception"

Tue, 9 Apr 1996 20:40:06 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, Felice Carraro wrote:

> I installed kernel 1.3.83 on a Pentium 150.
>
> When I run the "top" command I get an error:
> "floating point exception"
>
> "ps" does the same but only when I include the "-u" option.
>
> Anyone experienced the same problem ? Any suggestion ?

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh

get an up to date copy of procps, 0.99 or later. This has been repetedly
asked, and answered hundreds of times. (Nothing personal, but ....)
Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgoten,    \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :(                          |            initiated.