Re: sound volume and kerneld

Bjorn Ekwall (bj0rn@blox.se)
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 19:07:07 +0200 (MET DST)

Ben Galliart (bgallia@luc.edu) wrote:

> I'm running into a problem with using the sound module with kerneld.
> Every time the modules is reloaded by kerneld it re-initalizes the volume.

In the current snapshot, modules-1.3.69f on my web-page, there is some
added syntax to conf.modules. Try this line:

post-install sound mixer vol 90

All text after the module name (in this case "sound") is used as the
text that will be executed via "system()".

Sometime soon I might also have a solid implementation of persistent
module storage that will make it possible for a module to leave some
(free format) information between invocations.

I'm currently _very_ swamped with my Real Job, so it might take some
time though... :-( I have a _huge_ backlog of kerneld/module related
email that I intend to answer as soon as possible...
How does Linus survive _his_ mail storm???

Bjorn <bj0rn@blox.se> <http://www.pi.se/blox/>