Re: PPPD 2.2.0e: Failing to compile under linux 1.3.84

Jonathan Layes (
Mon, 8 Apr 1996 10:09:45 -0400

Sorry, that was my fault, and a really dumb mistake at that. I sent in
a patch to fix that problem shortly after sending the original arpd patch,
but I guess it didn't quite make it into 1.3.84. RSN I hope. Jonathan

>> I just battled through the compile. The solution, as expounded in a file
>> in the incoming on sunsite is replace the MAX_ADDR_LEN in the line in the
>> file /usr/include/linux/if_arp.h:
>> unsigned char ha[MAX_ADDR_LEN] /* Hardware Address */
>> to something on the order of 8 or ten. This is obviously not the right
>> thing to do, but it works, so I won't complain.
>The MAX_ADDR_LEN problem I resolved including #include <linux/netdevice.h>
>in the sys-linux.c source. Then I found other problem with inline
>functions from string.h and Mark Hahn, I think, resolved switching -g by
>-O in CFLAGS, now I have a problem with ___strtok, which the linker
>doesn't find, I looked at string.h and strtok have a jump or something to
>___strtok which I didn't yet found...