Re: SCSI TIMEOUTS - EUREKA!

Leonard N. Zubkoff (lnz@dandelion.com)
Sun, 24 Mar 1996 15:23:03 -0800

From: clameter@miriam.fuller.edu (Christoph Lameter)
Date: 23 Mar 1996 21:05:06 -0800

Les Johnson (les@ulysses.homer.att.com) wrote:
: Leonard,

: > The following patch is untested (since I've not been able to reproduce
: > this particular lossage myself), but is simple enough I'm fairly
: > certain of it. What I can't be sure of is that it actually addresses
: > the timeout problems people are seeing, since it's always possible
: > this isn't the only bug. Please try this out and report back publicly
: > on whether it helps or not.

: Yup, it did fix the SCSI timeout problem that I was having on a
: 1.3.7[5-7] Pentium system with an Adaptec 2940 controller and 9 gig
: Micropolis drive. Thanks!

This cannot be the solution. I have PPP performance problems and others
have SLIP etc etc problems on systems WITHOUT SCSI!

Thereust be another reason for the Interrupt Latency problem.

The point was not that it fixes the interrupt latency problem; it obviously
could not. What it does fix is at least some cases where a SCSI timeout is
signaled inappropriately.

Leonard