Re: Is anyone using EXT FS

ghn@slope.pc.cs.cmu.edu
Sun, 24 Mar 1996 02:43:15 -0500 (EST)

Ken Yap writes:

> Ok, how about a simple solution for now:
>
> Edit the config file to present the question for ext2fs before the one
> for extfs. And maybe put (old) on the extfs prompt. Then newbies are
> less likely to choose it.

Here's some fs/Config.in code. Add it, throw it away, I don't care...

If ext isn't simply going to go away, I'd be tempted to go one step
further, and force everyone who wants ext to include ext2, so that
there's no confusion about which one is considered "standard".

Greg
ghn+linux@cs.cmu.edu
tristate 'Standard 2nd extended fs support' CONFIG_EXT2_FS

if [ "$CONFIG_EXT2_FS" = "y" ]; then
tristate 'Also include antique ext fs support' CONFIG_EXT_FS
fi